Friday, August 6, 2010

Bad MMORPG Ideas

There are good ideas and bad ones. Good ideas in the MMORPG industry led to games like Soul Master, Atlantica Online and Battle of the Immortals to get developed. Bad ideas on the other hand led to the development of some terrible games. Games that are so awful that I’m surprised were even developed in the first place. So what MMOs fall under the “bad ideas” category? Read on!

The first “bad idea” MMO that first pops into my head is Racing Star: Come on Baby from Alaplaya. Now get this. Racing Star is a Baby themed racing MMO. That’s babies racing in strollers at speeds upwards of 100 KM/H with cute anime inspired graphics. Now not only is this a bad idea, but it’s an incredibly stupid one. I’d be embarrassed if anyone saw me playing it. Needless to say, Racing Star is no Need for Speed World Online. In fact, it’s a game that I wouldn’t want anyone to have to endure. I played Avalon Heroes from Alaplaya as well, and without a doubt Racing Star is the worst game by this European publisher. Play S4 League or Florensia instead. Two good games by the same publisher. Whoever green-lighted the development of this the atrocious racing MMO racing star should be fired and black listed from any future jobs in game development.

The next bad MMORPG I had the misfortune of playing was Blitz 1941 from TwoWar – the same company who published NavyField. I can say with absolute certainty that Blitz 1941 is the worst free to play game ever. Much worse than Racing Star. The game’s translations are so bad, it’s laughable. Even worse than the notoriously poor translations in Age of Armor from Snail Games and Magic World Online from EnjoyMMO. The gameplay itself is boring too. I’d much rather play mine-sweeper or solitaire than this horrible world war 2 MMO. Save your time and play World of Tanks Online or Tank Ace instead. Both much better tank games. Whoever decided to license this game is a failure.

The last terrible game I want to mention is Crazy Tao from TQ Digital. Why is Crazy Tao bad? Well. Simple. It’s the exact same game as Eudemons and Conquer Online – except worse. It plays EXACTLY like these two other games. All the spells are the same, the controls are the same and the visuals are largely the same – except a bit more cartoony. There is absolutely no reason to play this terrible 2D MMORPG. Stick with Eudemons Online instead. Avoid Crazy Tao at all costs. It’s crazy bad.

So what does this have to do with 2D MMOs? Well some of the games I mentioned were 2D, so It’s relevant to my blog :) . Did I miss any terrible free to play games? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment