Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Only 3D MMORPGs I like Are Anime Themed

For some reason the only 3D graphics I like in MMORPGs are either cute themed or anime inspired. I guess I have a thing for bright cheerful games. I still like 2D graphics the best, but after that I prefer anime inspired graphics. Games like Bright Shadow and Cloud Nine have gorgeous graphics. I really like the ’sleek’ and beautifully rendered anime graphics in these games. More so than the actual gameplay, which is pretty sad. I also feel the same way about Fiesta Online, the most popular MMORPG that Outspark publishes. The cel-shaded anime graphics are really high quality and visually appealing.

Aside from regular anime MMORPGs, I also really like cute MMORPGs for some reason. Cute MMORPGs are usually super bright and chibi, which in my book is instant win. Ether Saga Online and Luna Online are examples of great cute MMORPGs. I actually play both of these games regularly. Even though I like these kinds of games though, I still prefer GOOD 2D graphics over anything in the 3D department. What’s interesting though, is that I don’t even watch anime or read manga, but I still like anime style graphics in my MMOs. How weird is that?

At the moment I’m downloading a new anime inspired MMORPG – Emil Chronicle Online. It’s not exactly new, but it’s new to me, as I’ve never played it before. If you guys want to catch me in game, my name will be xAnimaaa! From what I've read about the game, it's supposed to be a lot like Ragnarok Online. The game is, after all, also published by Gravity. Gravity publishes both Ragnarok Online and Requiem: Memento Mori

No comments:

Post a Comment